Nothing better to do than be a mom of two...

Pages

Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to my blog! I'm a busy mommy trying to make sure I take time to document my memories. Thanks for joining me on my journey as a wife, mommy, nurse, and aspiring photographer.

The happenings of the Vaillant 5

The happenings of the Vaillant 5
My beautiful Family

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Grant's Birth Story

I think, 5 weeks later its about time I post about Grant's arrival. As you can imagine I am a busy, busy mommy these days! I have to admit that I am loving the busy that being a mommy brings me. Don't get me wrong it isn't always blissful but I can recognize a blessing when I see one and I try hard not to complain....well at least too much when things become chaotic and stressful. Back up to the morning of June 22, 2012, 3:30 am to be exact. The alarm went off.....not that I was even sleeping since I was so anxious about the days exciting events. It was time to get my things around. I was to check in to the hospital at 5am. My work mom Michelle....amazing woman who has taken me in as a daughter of her own picked me up so Joe could get a half day of work in...weird? maybe to some. However, He doesn't have a ton of vacation days and I would like them spent as a family. We all know that inductions take time, so off to work he went. My mother in law came to hang with the older kids for the early part of the day. I arrive at the hospital and have the best nurse ever, thank you Kim. It was an honor to have you caring for me and my special bundle. She got the IV started.....after a try or two! OUCH KIM!! I was checked by a resident and was 2 to 3 cm dilated. Pitocin was started at 6am. I was checked again a few hours later and I was 3 to 4 cm and having regular contractions. Around 10:30 Dr. Gordan came in to break my bag of water and it was much too painful since I had no medication on board at this point. She decided to wait until I had the epidural. Epidural was in place shortly after. Thank you very much....ahhhhh! Boy was my right leg extra numb! At one point when I was checked I was 4 to 5 cm but Grant was not making his way down and he was in the sunny side up position. Dr Gordan Gave him 2 hrs to turn and make his way down or she was talking c-section...this was at 3:30 pm. I was shocked considering I hadn't been in labor very long and quite frankly unless there was a real reason for a c-section there was no way I was having one! Things started happening quickly from here on out. I could tell something was different. The contractions were more intense and I started feeling pressure. I was checked and BAM! I was an 8, this was around 4. We all sat around and chit chatted, Dr. Gordan included. I was sitting in a chair position to allow gravity to help him move down. I was checked again and was a 9. Just after 5pm I was checked once more and I was fully dilated and ready to push. At 5:13 Grant made his arrival! He was beautiful and chubby! Everyone guessed he was over 9lbs by his appearance but he surprised us all by weighing in at 8lbs 7oz. He nursed like a champ right away and we spent a couple hours snuggling and getting to know eachother before he met his siblings and was wisked away to the nursery for a bath. It was a great experience that I will never forget. Grant is the perfect caboose to our family!

1 comments:

JBGRIGS said...

Congrats!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful birth experience. Grant is adorable :)

Post a Comment