Nothing better to do than be a mom of two...

Pages

Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to my blog! I'm a busy mommy trying to make sure I take time to document my memories. Thanks for joining me on my journey as a wife, mommy, nurse, and aspiring photographer.

The happenings of the Vaillant 5

The happenings of the Vaillant 5
My beautiful Family

Friday, December 9, 2011

Thanksgiving (Way late)

Unfortunately I don't have pictures to share from Thanksgiving. It seemed like such a rushed day. I worked the night before and also had to work Thanksgiving night, this however didn't stop us from enjoying dinner with our families. We drove to Ann Arbor, Michigan to Aunt Mary Ellen's house and had a wonderful dinner and great conversation with loads of family.

The most memorable event on Thanksgiving was when Veda said Grace in front of the entire family. My heart nearly melted into a puddle. She stood at the table with such confidence and belted it out. I wish I had it on Video to share. Such a sweet moment.

Now that its December we are celebrating Christmas and trying to instill the true meaning of Christmas into our children. Veda understands that its Jesus Birthday and we will begin the tradition of baking a cake to celebrate his birthday in the same manner as we celebrate our own. We still get excited about Santa, presents, holiday treats, gingerbread houses, and snow! Its such a magical season and its so much better with Children to share it with!

1 comments:

Maria said...

Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving! Next year you'll have 2 big kids saying Grace and one little one trying the potatoes! :) I love that you will celebrate Jesus' birthday! We do this every year, since Kailee was 1. It is SO MUCH FUN! All Christmas day just out of the blue someone will shout "Happy Birthday Jesus", the coolest thing ever! Have lots of fun!! Can't wait to see the cake pictures!! :) xoxo

Post a Comment