Nothing better to do than be a mom of two...

Pages

Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to my blog! I'm a busy mommy trying to make sure I take time to document my memories. Thanks for joining me on my journey as a wife, mommy, nurse, and aspiring photographer.

The happenings of the Vaillant 5

The happenings of the Vaillant 5
My beautiful Family

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Zoe 5/18/2002-5/14/2012

Unfortunately, my poor Zoe is no longer with us. We knew this time was coming very soon but it was a hard decision to make. Joe and I knew in our hearts that Zoe no longer had good quality of life. Zoe was born with a crippled front leg which caused her to have arthritis thus making her hurt constantly. For years you would have never known that she had a disability. She ran just as fast as other dogs and could swim and fetch with the best of them! Over the last year or so she slowly got worse and could no function as the vibrant, resilient dog that she was. For the last month or so I have been trying to prepare Veda for the day that Zoe goes to doggie heaven. Its the worst feeling as a mommy to watch my daughters heart crumble before my very eyes. Luckily, We were given a book explaining all about doggy heaven and I read it to her several times. On the final night that Zoe would be with us we sat Veda down and explained it all over again. She sobbed. We sobbed. Then we took time celebrating Zoe. We took lots of pictures and miss Veda snuggled her all night.While Veda was spending time with her, I heard her say to Zoe...."tomorrow you are going to doggie heaven...are you scared? Don't be scared because in doggie heaven, you will be able to run really fast again, AND there will be lots of doggie treats for you" My heart both smiled and broke all in an instant. My 4 yr old really had an understanding of what was happening. Later I found her snuggled up to Zoe, sleeping on the floor. The next day Veda stated that she wanted to come to the vet and hold Zoe's leash until the angels came to take her to heaven. Veda, you are the most amazing little girl I will ever know. Your heart is as big as your beautiful smile. Losing Zoe was awful, awful, awful. We miss her dearly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment