Nothing better to do than be a mom of two...

Pages

Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to my blog! I'm a busy mommy trying to make sure I take time to document my memories. Thanks for joining me on my journey as a wife, mommy, nurse, and aspiring photographer.

The happenings of the Vaillant 5

The happenings of the Vaillant 5
My beautiful Family

Saturday, January 19, 2013

6 Months!

Grant finally had his 6 month well visit last week....and yes he is nearing 7 months! Time is just flying and needs to slow down a bit...doesn't the universe know this is my last baby and I need him to be a baby forever????

He continues to to be on the top of the scale for weight, in the 93rd %. He is 21lbs 8oz and 26 1/2 inches long....34%. I am sure he will follow in Grayson's shoes and remain near the same weight from here until around 18 months and thin out as he becomes more mobile. I just love my chunky baby!

Did someone say mobile??? I think Grant heard me! In his 6th month he has decided that he needs a little independence and he will get that toy all by himself! On all fours? Nope. He likes to scoot, and man he is getting quick!! I am not ready for a mobile baby. I'm nervous for all of the little parts that belong to many of the older kids toys. They are learning to help me keep these things away from Grant since I explained the dangers of it to them.

Grant continues to nurse like a champ, I think we will make it a whole year, which is my goal. I often get asked how long I plan to nurse him...why people are interested I am not sure??? I promise he will not go to college without being weaned ;) Its important to me that he receives all the benefits of nursing. I have attempted to nurse all 3 of my children. Lack of education and support caused me to give up nursing Veda when she was just 4 weeks old and as I sit here catching up on the blog she is coughing and sneezing, and battled quite a fever last night. Yes, my other children get sick with fevers and other illness but she is by far the most sickly of the 3. So, as long as Grant continues to nurse, we will nurse and hopefully we will meet our goal!

We have started solids and he isn't real thrilled with the whole idea of it. He has tried avocado, carrots, green beans, peas, squash, bananas, and apple sauce. The only thing he actually seems to enjoy is the apple sauce, bananas, and squash. We will keep practicing everyday and hopefully he will eventually accept some veggies into his diet! The pediatrician was very happy with his growth and explained that the breast milk was all that was necessary until age one but to let him explore with different foods now for texture and he will eventually start enjoying it.

And here he is! His 6 month photo shoot was so much fun!













1 comments:

Maria said...

Mr. Handsome Auntie Ria loves your sweet lil face!!! xo Fantastic pictures mommy!

Post a Comment