Nothing better to do than be a mom of two...

Pages

Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to my blog! I'm a busy mommy trying to make sure I take time to document my memories. Thanks for joining me on my journey as a wife, mommy, nurse, and aspiring photographer.

The happenings of the Vaillant 5

The happenings of the Vaillant 5
My beautiful Family

Monday, January 28, 2013

Veda is 5!!

NO NO NO!!! Did it really happen? 5 years has slipped away so fast? It has. I cannot and will not be sad. Its been a fabulous 5 years. Veda, you are precious. Can I just bottle you up and keep you little forever? That is not unreasonable is it? Seriously, I cannot believe that you will soon enter Kindergarten. That is surely going to be a struggle. I often hear moms say that they cannot wait until their kids go to school so they can have a break. I can honestly say I do not feel that way. I love having you home with me and listening to you and your brother play. What will I do without your endless conversation? The boys and I will be lost without you home during the day. Sad for me but Kindergarten will be a wonderful adventure for you! You will shine!


This year you had two birthday parties. The first was on your actual birthday. The night before, I decorated the kitchen, in everything pink of course and made you a birthday cake. Daddy bought you a beautiful bouquet of flowers and we added some pretty balloons. You gleamed with pure Joy as you announced your birthday to me in the morning. You leaped from your room with an ear to ear smile and you were wearing a birthday crown that was given to you at school, you didn't take it of all day!I wish I would have captured you on video prancing around in your crown. It was awesome. You are so grown up for a 5 yr old and those moments remind me of just how small you still are. I love those moments when you act small. I want to bottle them up and be able to hit a replay button!


After breakfast mommy took you and your brothers to Sylvania Playland to meet Michelle, Carrie, Max, and Drew for some celebrating. They brought you more ballons and another bouquet of flowers. What a loved little girl you are! I tried to take you to McDonalds for lunch but the play area was closed. This brought many tears. A milk shake fixed this....mommy doesn't allow tears on your birthday!


The evening of your birthday Nana, Papa, Skip, Grandma, and your friend from preschool, Keira joined us for Taco's (one of your favorite meals!) and cake and ice cream. You received some new clothes, My Little Pony's, Paper Dolls, and kits to make your own bracelets and rings. You had a fabulous time!


It was decided last year that we were going to try and go to Kalahari each year for our winter babies birthdays since its so cold and there isn't much fun to be had outside this time of year so this is what we planned.We went on a Sunday afternoon and your friends Miley, Hannah, and Tara joined us along with your cousins Karleigh, Chase, and Connor. You really enjoyed the big slides and daddy even got you on one that you were probably an inch too short for! You have no fear. You would have gone down every slide if they allowed you too! You spent just as much time in the wave pool as you did the slides. You rode the wild waves on an inner-tube and I was terrified watching you. Everyone had a wonderful time, it was a very memorable experience and I look forward to going again next year. I could do without the germs that follow us home though. I'm writing this post 2 weeks later and you and your brothers are still coughing and spreading snot everywhere you go! yuck!


I still can't believe my baby girl is 5 but I can't turn back the clock so I will just enjoy you everyday as you continue to grow before my very eyes. I love you to the moon and back Veda!
































1 comments:

Maria said...

Eeegads I wrote this long comment and it didn't post! Ok... here I go again! Miss V - Happy Big 5 to you!! I cannot believe you can already be headed into these new adventures! I hope that you enjoy every moment and time goes by slow so you can always remember them. There's nothing like being in Kindergarten! You will make forever friends...and learn so much! You are a sweet, beautiful girl. I have never seen you mommy happier than the day you were born. You are her blessing, as she is definitely yours! Happy Birthday Miss V!!! Love, Auntie Ria

Post a Comment