Nothing better to do than be a mom of two...

Pages

Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to my blog! I'm a busy mommy trying to make sure I take time to document my memories. Thanks for joining me on my journey as a wife, mommy, nurse, and aspiring photographer.

The happenings of the Vaillant 5

The happenings of the Vaillant 5
My beautiful Family

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Do you appreciate small victories?

I pose this question because I find myself always worried about things that are in the future instead of focusing on the here and now. I have been this way as long as I can remember. I never applauded myself for finishing a semester of nursing school or getting an A on an exam. Instead I just focused on the fact that I still had semesters to finish and it wasn't an accomplishment until I was completed with the program. Silly isn't it? We are never guaranteed another day so why not celebrate the small victories? I'm going to start!

Its amazing to me the lessons our children can teach us. Just the other day I was admiring Veda's excitement as she was able to dress herself completely without any help from me. she turned to me and said "LOOK MOMMY!!!, I DID IT ALL BY MYSELF!!" what an accomplishment for her. I was very proud to say the least.

Here are some small victories that I am proud of.....

* I started studying for the NCLEX and have made it through nearly 100 questions and I'm answering them fairly well!

* I am learning how to use the manual settings on my Nikon

* I have learned a few tricks and tools in photoshop to enhance my pictures

* Out of hundreds of pictures I have taken lately, I have at least 2 fabulous ones! :)

What are your small victories?

2 comments:

Maria said...

This is crazy but I just posted about small things! Oh we have great minds.

I love this post. You're so right! The small victories are as important as the big ones.

My small victory: remembering to take my medication and remembering to give Kailee's hers today.

Kristine said...

Yes, you MUST celebrate the small victories..they are what is most important!

Post a Comment