Nothing better to do than be a mom of two...

Pages

Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to my blog! I'm a busy mommy trying to make sure I take time to document my memories. Thanks for joining me on my journey as a wife, mommy, nurse, and aspiring photographer.

The happenings of the Vaillant 5

The happenings of the Vaillant 5
My beautiful Family

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Life as I know it

has taken a change, a good one. I have finally completed the long journey to become a registered nurse. I took the nclex on Saturday and was extremely nervous for the results as this was the hardest exam I have ever taken. Monday Morning while at dance class with V, my husband stalked me on the Ohio board of Nursing to see if my license status changed from pending to active. When it did, he snapped a picture with his cell phone and sent it to me. What an amazing feeling when I saw that text message.

I am so use to having to study or focus on school. Now I can focus solely on my family when I am home. I no longer have to tell my children that I can't play with them right now because I have to study. I knew that I was sacrificing a lot by going to school but today I realized just how much I sacrificed. Today I decided that if my children want to play I am going to take the time to play with them more often than I have. Children grow way too quickly and I know that someday I will wish they were still little and asking me to "pway hide and go seek" or "the elephant game" or I will wish that they were climbing in my lap constantly and begging me to read "one more book" We are never guaranteed tomorrow, so I am going to embrace what each day brings me.

Today was such an eye opener to me. I enjoyed every second with them. G woke up from a nap and walked over to me and just laid his head on my chest. My heart completely melted. V yelled from her bedroom at bedtime for me......"Mommy, Mommy, come here" and when I opened the door and asked her what she needed, her response was "I love you". I think my kids felt what I felt today. Pure. joy. I LOVE my life as I NOW know it.

1 comments:

JBGRIGS said...

Congrats!!!! You are truely blessed :)

Post a Comment