Nothing better to do than be a mom of two...

Pages

Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to my blog! I'm a busy mommy trying to make sure I take time to document my memories. Thanks for joining me on my journey as a wife, mommy, nurse, and aspiring photographer.

The happenings of the Vaillant 5

The happenings of the Vaillant 5
My beautiful Family

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 In Review

2011 was a fantastic year! I had just finished nursing school at the end of 2010 and was lucky enough to find an RN position shortly after, working in Neuro ICU. My career has had many challenging moments but I have learned so much in this first year that I wouldn't take back a second of it. An added bonus? I have met lots of amazing nurses along the way and even a few nurses that I will make sure I never become ;)

I started my photography business and although its a slow start I am loving it and hope to continue to make great progress in the years to come!

The kids have grown so much this past year. Veda started preschool and enjoys it immensely. She recognizes all of her letters and can write each one, spells her name, knows her address, and just has this amazing personality. She has a strong personality which I am so proud of but it certainly gets her in trouble at times!

Grayson is my little terror always looking for trouble! He is always smiling, unless of course he is in one of his short lived tantrums...usually stemming from not getting his way! This past year he has really sprouted his personality. He isn't much of a talker but we are working on that. He knows his body parts, animal sounds, and a few colors (so says my husband, but I have never seen him recognize a color) I became slightly concerned that he wasn't talking much but after some advice from a dear friend and a little more work on my end, and less work on Veda's end...he has begun to say more! I suspect he will be a little chatter box in no time!

Joe and I have had time to work on becoming more of a couple than strangers passing at shift change. Our relationship was on the back burner for a while it seemed. I was always doing school work and paying attention to the kids and by the end of the day I had nothing left to give. We have made it a point to spend more time with each other this past year, even incorporating date night at home into our schedule. It has been a wonderful change for our marriage and we will keep making the changes. Sometimes you just need to stop and look at the big picture and see what is missing and make the change. So glad we are connecting again.

We are looking forward to what 2012 brings us. We are challenging ourselves to work hard on becoming debt free, becoming more frugal, and spending a lot of quality family time together. All we know so far about 2012 is that we will be completing our family in June with our 3rd and final baby! I cannot wait to meet him/her! I plan to document more on the blog. I am challenging myself to the 365 project where I will post a picture and a blurb of what is going on in life at the present time each day! I hope to keep up!!

2 comments:

Maria said...

You will keep up! If anything cell phone pictures each day with the blogger app might work to keep up too. ;) Life is good!

Yaeli said...

Wishing you the best of luck in 2012!

It's nice to meet another nurse in the blogosphere!

Post a Comment