Nothing better to do than be a mom of two...

Pages

Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to my blog! I'm a busy mommy trying to make sure I take time to document my memories. Thanks for joining me on my journey as a wife, mommy, nurse, and aspiring photographer.

The happenings of the Vaillant 5

The happenings of the Vaillant 5
My beautiful Family

Friday, January 6, 2012

6/365

Today has been one long day. Rewind to 3am. I was working when I received the phone call that Veda had a fever, leg pain, and was hysterical. I panicked. For good reason. A friend of a friends daughter recently was experiencing lots of leg pain at the age of two. Woke up one morning and couldn't walk, she was soon diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma and was given a 40% chance of survival. Veda has been complaining of leg pain often and having this story be fresh in my mind has sent me over the edge. I am a pessimist, always playing worse case scenario in my mind and I freaked. I came home and snuggled her until we both fell asleep. While laying in bed Veda said to me "mommy, when I wake up and your not here, I'm scared. I'm afraid you won't ever come back" I nearly lost it. She hugged me so tight. She is an amazing kid. I explained that mommy has to work some nights but I'm always going to come home. I have no idea why she would question my return, we have hardly spent any time away from one another. I'm glad I came home early to have that time with her. We went to the doctor today and she has an ear infection and was febrile. I voiced my concerns about her leg pain and the doctor gave her a more thorough exam and said she feels there is no reason for more testing. For now I am satisfied with that. Veda is feeling much better this evening. Here is a photo of her at bed time. She was being silly and said this was her mean grumpy face! Lol

2 comments:

Yaeli said...

Sorry to hear your little one is sick. Hope she recovers quickly!

I know that panicky feeling all too well! I think for us nurses, it is born from knowing too much. Sometimes I think that ignorance might be bliss, but then I think about how many people used to come to my clinic with stuff that would've been more easily treated had they thought to come earlier, and I'm not entirely convinced that knowing less is the solution...

Maria said...

Poor Miss V, I hope she's enjoying her birthday and feeling lots better! xoxo

Post a Comment