Nothing better to do than be a mom of two...

Pages

Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to my blog! I'm a busy mommy trying to make sure I take time to document my memories. Thanks for joining me on my journey as a wife, mommy, nurse, and aspiring photographer.

The happenings of the Vaillant 5

The happenings of the Vaillant 5
My beautiful Family

Monday, January 2, 2012

2/365 For the love of a Dog

Here is my sweet Veda and my long time companion (10 yrs) Zoe. Unfortunately, Zoe was born with 3 1/2 legs, which has given her a life with arthritis. Her health is declining. She isn't eating as much as she used to, she no longer joins the family wherever we are in the house, and she is having a difficult time getting around these days. We have some hard decisions to make in the near future. It breaks my heart. Veda is totally in love with Zoe. We have had the heaven talk with her and she seems to understand somewhat. Sometimes out of no where Veda will state that she wants to go to heaven to see Zoe when she is gone. I then explain that we will see Zoe in heaven someday. So sad. Children don't understand the permanence of death, so its a hard topic to try and explain. Especially to a 4 yr old. My hope is a few more months with Zoe before having to let her go to doggy heaven. I want to create as many memories for Veda as I can before then.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Awe! You can get all these great pictures printed and then let her have her own "Zoe & Me" book before Zoe goes to heaven. Then she'll always have those memories. Also, when the time comes I will mail that book I have out to you. It's worn and loved tremendously but it may help.

Yaeli said...

Poor old girl! She has such a sweet face!

I hope you and your family can make the most of this time with Zoe, and that she can be as comfortable as possible.

Post a Comment